Statement of Purpose
Heart of the Rockies Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) is seeking partner(s) to develop shared building space on our land for the purpose of serving community needs.
Heart of the Rockies Christian Church is located on an 11-acre site at the northwest corner of Lemay Avenue and Trilby Road in southeast Fort Collins. The property is zoned LMN (low density mixed use neighborhood). Church facilities currently comprise approximately 2 acres on the site. The church moved to the property in January 2000.
As an expression of the Church’s Christian faith, it has always been the intent to use a portion of this property in service to the Northern Colorado community. Community programs and services are offered, without proselytizing, to persons of all races, genders, ages, economic status, physical or mental abilities, sexual orientations, familial status, and faith histories.
In 2007 the church approved a proposal to create a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, SKYhill, for the purpose of creating a collaborative environment between the church and the community. This vision was focused on developing a campus to support child-centered nonprofit organizations in Larimer County. SKYhill was dissolved in 2019.
The church is now soliciting proposals from potential partner(s) to build one or more facilities on all or a portion of the undeveloped land. It is the church’s intent to contribute the use of the land as-is to the partnership.
Requirements and Desired Outcomes
Heart of the Rockies Christian Church seeks proposals that will address the following priorities in partner(s) that will build on the church’s land:
- The partner is committed to creating space that will:
- serve the greater community in a way that is consistent with the vision and mission of Heart of the Rockies Christian Church and our values of welcome and inclusivity;
- create shared/collaborative space that fulfills some of Heart of the Rockies Christian Church’s needs;
- be shared collaboratively with the greater community.
- The partner has a demonstrated track record of service and collaboration.
- The partner demonstrates the capacity to raise the money needed to bring the project to fruition. We anticipate that Heart of the Rockies will contribute to the fundraising effort.
- The partner is a nonprofit or for-profit organization dedicated to making a positive impact on society and/or the environment (e.g., a 501(c)(3), B-Corp, Social Enterprise, Cooperative, etc.)
Heart of the Rockies Christian Church is open to the possibility of many types of shared spaces. Some examples of the church’s space needs include:
- Small group gathering spaces (sound-proofed; multi-sized)
- Dedicated space for larger group gatherings for at least 150 people
- Office space
- Storage space (indoor and/or outdoor)
- Bathrooms with showers
- Commercial-type kitchen
We do not expect that any single proposal will cover all these space needs.
The ideal proposal would describe a project with ground-breaking in 2022.
Proposals should not exceed 5 pages.
How to Submit a Proposal
Interested potential partners should submit their proposal in PDF format no later than February 15, 2020 to email@example.com. You may also use this email for questions, or you may call Stacy Poncelow at 970-219-7390 (leave a message).
This Request for Proposals and any proposals submitted, even if accepted by Heart of the Rockies Christian Church, do not and will not create a binding contract. Only the execution of a formal written contract or lease between Heart of the Rockies Christian Church and a prospective partner will be binding.
Click here to download a pdf file of the Request for Proposal.