Worship | Sunday Evening Vespers
After careful consideration of the data we have from our Larimer County health department, guidance for faith communities from our governor, and in consultation with local colleagues and our own congregation’s health professionals, our Church Board approved a series of outdoor worship services on Sundays, September 13, 20, and 27 from 6-6:30 p.m. We will continue with our online Sunday morning services at 10 a.m. as well.
Our vespers service will be a 30-minute opportunity for us to worship together in-person, outside the church with instrumental music, scripture, and prayer. Each service will be simple, reflective, and hopefully a gentle transition into the start of a new week.
If you have had contact with anyone suspected of having COVID-19 in the last 14 days or are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, please do not attend in-person worship. We’ll see you in online worship!
COVID-19 SYMPTOMS INCLUDE:
Fever of 100.4 or above
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
New loss of taste or smell
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
- Our leaders and servers will wear masks at all times. We have masks with clear windows to allow for clearer communication. We will use microphones as well.
- We will not receive communion or provide a bulletin to minimize things that require being touched by more than one person.
- We will provide instrumental music only.
- We will record your attendance by name for contact tracing purposes.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
- That you will RSVP by 12 noon on the Friday before the Sunday you plan to attend so we can ensure we’re within the capacity that is safe for our set-up and is allowed by county guidelines. You may RSVP by calling the church office (223-1230) or by clicking here. Please let us know if your intentions change so we can accommodate as many people as possible who wish to attend.
- That you will maintain a 6-foot distance from people who do not live in your household at all times.
- That you will wear a mask covering your nose and mouth at all times.
WHAT TO BRING:
- A mask: Per state regulations, masks must be worn at all times. If you’re not able to wear a mask for health reasons, please continue to worship with us online.
- A chair: You will be asked to sit 6 feet from anyone who is not in your household and will have assistance in doing so.