Heart of the Rockies Christian Church has always planned to share its undeveloped land at the northwest corner of Trilby and Lemay with local nonprofit organizations to benefit the greater community.
Following an extensive discernment process, Heart of the Rockies Christian Church selected three primary nonprofit partners to join in a collaborative effort to develop the property — CARE Housing, Fort Collins Habitat for Humanity, and L’Arche Northern Colorado.
Together with our partners, we imagine a diverse, inclusive community that can live and thrive on this property, anchored by a community center that will be shared with Heartside Hill residents, the church and its current mission partners, and others. We are especially pleased that Heartside Hill will provide inclusive affordable and attainable housing, which has been identified as a critical need in our community.
Heart of the Rockies donated the undeveloped land, which consists of nearly 9 acres adjacent to its existing developed property.
Preliminary Project Information
- 71 apartment units (CARE Housing)
- 9 single-family homes (Habitat for Humanity)
- 2 homes for adults with developmental disabilities and their assistants (L’Arche)
- Community building with an early childhood education center, as well as office and activity space for the church, its mission partners and other organizations.
- Community garden, playground, outdoor gathering space, greenspace
HEARTSIDE HILL UPDATES
The church’s dream for this property is now one step closer to reality, as the Fort Collins Planning & Zoning Commission recently unanimously approved the Overall Development Plan (the general framework for the Heartside Hill project) and a Project Development Plan (for the CARE Housing apartments).
Click here for the Heartside Hill Monthly e-blast.
For more information, visit the Heartside Hill website.