Faith Family Hospitality/Family Housing Network
The idea for Faith Family Hospitality (FFH) started as a grassroots discussion in 2009 among several faith communities, including Heart of the Rockies. The FFH program officially opened with the hosting of four families in January of 2012. Heart of the Rockies was one of the first hosting churches.
Over the years church rooms have been turned into family quarters, many beds have been made for families to sleep overnight, many meals have been prepared and shared, many discussions have been enjoyed between volunteers and guest families.
Now in 2021, FFH is one part of the bigger picture: Family Housing Network. FHN now has four distinct but cooperating parts:
- Faith Family Hospitality continues today to house and feed 4 families in a church for a week, then they move to another church for a week.
- The new Day Center which opened June 2020 (at the corner of Lemay and Prospect) has a play area, comfortable couches, a kitchen, bathrooms, and laundry facilities for families experiencing homelessness.
- Rapid Rehousing Program (which joined FHN in 2020) helps families find housing and provides rental assistance.
- Sherwood House (321 S Sherwood St, FC) which opened in October 2021, can provide a place to live for up to 7 families, each for 6 months or so. Here each family will have their own bedroom or suite of bedrooms, and will share living areas, kitchens, bathrooms and a backyard.
- Case Management. Case Management is provided by FHN’s Shelter Case Manager, who meets twice weekly with each adult family member in group and individual settings to establish progress goals and access much-needed community services.
Family Housing Network has come a long way!
Thank you to the faithful, dedicated FFH volunteers from Heart of the Rockies! You all have made such a difference through the years! And will continue to change lives into the future! Thanks!!
If you would like to get involved, contact Lynnette Thayer.